Blueberry Bonanza Gelatin Salad
This salad combines red raspberries, white bananas, and blue blueberries, so keep it in mind for a patriotic summer picnic!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free berry blue gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened red raspberries
- 1 cup (1 medium) diced banana
- In a large bowl, combine dry gelatins and water. Mix well to dissolve gelatin.
- Stir in undrained pineapple. Add frozen blue-berries and raspberries. Mix well to combine. Fold in banana.
- Pour mixture into an 8-by-8-inch dish.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Cut into 6 servings.
- To prevent banana from turning brown, mix with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.