Bread Salad with Gorgonzola
Creamy bleu cheese, crisp ciabatta bread, tomatoes, and plenty of basil make this a delicious, hearty salad.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 3 thick slices ciabatta or other rustic country-style bread, toasted and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 × 7oz (200g) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- handful of toasted pine nuts
- 4oz (115g) Gorgonzola Dolcelatte or blue cheese, cut into small cubes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the bread in a large bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the basil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss together; then let stand for about 10 minutes to develop the flavors.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, pine nuts, and cheese, and toss gently to mix.
- Serve with cold cooked meats.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!