Brown Rice and Lentil Salad
Brown rice and lentil salad is a staple around the world. The mustard based dressing makes it a hit!
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the rice, lentils, tomato, and scallions in a medium-sized bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for 2 to 5 hours before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.