Cabbage Apple Salad
This mix of crunchy cabbage and apples offers a little nutty flavor and the smooth, sweet taste of maple syrup.
Serves: Serves: 4 (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup (2 small) cored, unpeeled, and diced Red Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Peter Pan reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Cary's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, apples, and peanuts. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, peanut butter, and maple syrup.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to cabbage mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.