California Carrot Salad
Orange juice concentrate gives a powerful kick to this carrot salad.
Serves: 8 servings
- 6 cups grated carrots (about 12 medium)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons frozen (thawed) orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- Place the carrots, raisins, and almonds, if desired, in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture, and toss to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.