Carrot Raisin Marshmallow Salad
Sweet and crunchy, tangy and luscious, this festive blend of carrots, raisins, walnuts, and marshmallows is a real crowd-pleaser.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, celery, and raisins.
- Stir in walnuts and marshmallows. Add mayonnaise. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.