Cherry Hill Apple Salad
This gelatin salad combines healthy apples and bananas in a flavorful fiesta of colors and textures!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup (2 small) cored, unpeeled, and chopped Red Delicious apples
- 1 cup (1 medium) diced banana
- In a large bowl, combine dry gelatin and boiling water. Mix well to dissolve gelatin.
- Stir in apple juice. Add apples and banana. Mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture into an 8-by-8-inch dish.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Cut into 6 servings.
- To prevent banana from turning brown, mix with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.