City Lights Carrot Salad
This unusual carrot salad can help make any meal a feast for the senses! This dish was inspired by that "up-all-night" town, New York City.
Serves: Serves: 4 (3/4 cup)
- 2 3/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute to equal 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, onion, walnuts, and raisins.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar substitute, lemon juice, and parsley flakes.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to carrot mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.