Company Carrot-Raisin Salad
This carrot-raisin salad needs a night to blend the flavors, so make sure you plan ahead!
Serves: 7 servings
- 4 cups grated carrot (about 8 medium)
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/3 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons frozen (thawed) apple juice concentrate
- Place the carrot, celery, and raisins in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture, and toss to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.