Crab Salad with Mango Dressing
This lovely summer lunch proves how well crab matches with fruit
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
For the dressing
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 / 2 lime
For the salad
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 5oz (140g) mixed salad greens
- 1lb (450g) fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced lengthwise
- To make the dressing, puree the mango, oil, lime zest, and juice in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper, adding a little water if too thick.
- Toss the shallot, cilantro, and mint with the salad greens in a large bowl. Add a few spoonfuls of dressing and toss again. Divide among 4 plates and top each with equal amounts of crab and avocado. Serve at once, passing the rest of the dressing on the side.
- prep 15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!