Crunchy Calico Salad
This colorful salad delivers both crunch and sparkle to any meal. The dressing is creamy and tangy, a perfect foil to the firm texture of these favorite vegetables.
Serves: Serves: 6 (full 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/4 cups diced unpeeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a large bowl, combine corn, romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumber, and onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and garlic. Pour dressing mixture over vegetables. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.