Crunchy Carrot Fruit Salad
This carrot salad is cool, creamy, and crunchy all at once.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup (one 11-ounce can) mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Add carrots, mandarin oranges, and raisins. Mix gently to combine.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.