Curried Chicken Salad
Chutney, curry, cranberries, and chicken -- these "c" ingredients make a distinctive chicken salad!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 small apples, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and pepper in blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and toss until mixed.
- Pour dressing over chicken salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Substitute three 6-ounce packages cooked chicken breast cuts for boneless chicken and eliminate ``cooking and chopping.'' One package contains 1 1/3 cups chicken cubes.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.