Dress-It-Up Caesar-Style Salad Dressing
Like all true Caesar dressings, this dressing features anchovy paste. But this recipe also features three dairy products, which give it a unique taste and consistency.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tabelspoons grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into jar or covered bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve or up to 1 week.
- For last-minute meals: Serve with prepackaged romaine, cooked chicken strips or shrimp and a variety of vegetables from the grocery salad bar. Add nonfat croutons or sourdough roll for complete meal.
- Plain low-fat or nonfat yogurt is as nutritious as nonfat (skim) milk; it's high in protein, calcium, magnesium, riboflavin and vitamins B and B.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.