Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad
Serve this crunchy, creamy, and zesty salad by itself or with roast lamb
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Cooking Time: cook 20 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 / 4 tbsp walnut oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggplants, peeled
- 1 / 2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 / 2 cup toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk in the walnut oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the eggplants into 3/4in (2cm) cubes. Steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Gently squeeze out excess water. Combine the eggplant, goat cheese, walnuts, tomato, red onion, and parsley in a large bowl with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Serve at room temperature.
- prep 15 mins; cook 20 mins
Eggplant Salad with Feta and Pine Nuts: Replace the cheese and sesame seeds with feta and pine nuts for a change.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!