Fantastic Waldorf Salad
Here's a healthy take on the classic Waldorf Salad
Serves: 8 servings
- 4 cups diced unpeeled red Delicious apples (about 5 1/2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- Place the apples, celery, raisins, and walnuts or pecans in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. and stir to mix. Add the dressing to the apple mixture, and toss to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for 1 to 3 hours before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.