Festive Fruit Salad
This light and delicious fruit salad has a dressing of yogurt cheese, which you can make yourself using nonfat yogurt. If you're in a hurry, use nonfat or light sour cream instead.
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt cheese
- Place the fruit, marshmallows, coconut, and, if desired, the nuts in a large bowl, and toss to mix. Add the yogurt cheese to the fruit mixture, and toss to mix.
- Cover the salad, and chill for 1 to 3 hours before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.