Goat Cheese, Beet, and Pistachio Salad
Creamy goat cheese, beets, and pistachios are the main ingredients in this delicious salad.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 handfuls of arugula (rocket) leaves
- 5-6oz (175g) goat cheese, cut into slices
- 4-6 large beets, cooked, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- handful of shelled pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coarse-grain mustard pinch of sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar until well blended. Whisk in the shallots, mustard, and sugar, and season well with salt and pepper. Let the dressing stand for a few minutes to develop the flavors, then taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Arrange the arugula leaves on a large serving platter or 4 individual plates, then top with the beets and goat cheese. Drizzle with a little of the dressing, then sprinkle with the pistachios. Drizzle on more dressing, if desired. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!