Gorgonzola Garden Salad
Gorgonzola is a special treat, and it enhances the dark raisins, walnuts, and mandarin oranges in this salad.
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 cups mixed salad greens or torn butter crunch or romaine lettuce
- 1 can (10 ounces) mandarin orange sections, well drained
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 4 thin slices red or sweet white onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup bottled nonfat or low-fat raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Arrange 2 cups of the salad greens on each of 4 salad plates. Top the lettuce on each plate with a quarter of the mandarin oranges, 2 tablespoons of celery, and a quarter of the onion rings. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of cheese, raisins, and if desired, walnuts.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each salad, and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.