Grandma Jo's Lettuce-Tomato Salad
Here's a new take on good old lettuce and tomato salad, with a healthy homemade dressing that is easy to stir up.
Serves: Serves: 4 (3/4 cup)
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- Sugar substitute to equal 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Heinz Light Harvest Ketchup or any reduced-sodium ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, skim milk, sugar substitute, and ketchup.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to lettuce mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- Serve at once.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.