Grandma's Chicken Salad
This version of the classic chicken salad comes out as crisp and tangy as Grandma's chicken salad does.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (one 2-ouncejar) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, celery, and onion.
- Add mayonnaise, pimiento, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
- 1. If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli. 2. Good served over lettuce or as a sandwich filling.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.