Greek Tomato and Feta Salad
Juicy tomatoes, cool crisp cucumber, and salty feta cheese are a winning combination
Prep Time: 20M
Serves: makes 4-6 servings
- 1lb 5oz ( 600g) ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 7oz ( 200g) feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks. Peel away about half of the cucumber skin. Quarter the cucumber lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, then chop the cucumber. Arrange the tomatoes and cucumber on a serving platter.
- Drain the feta and cut into small cubes. Sprinkle the feta and olives over the vegetables. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the salad and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Add the basil, toss again, and serve.
- Prepare ahead: The salad can be made through step 2, stored at room temperature, for up to 2 hours. Add the basil just before serving.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!