Greek Tossed Salad
Greek salad is a mainstay of diner menus in New York, and it's a healthy choice for serving at home.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 cups torn Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup unpeeled and chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (4.5 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 Ritz Reduced Fat crackers, made into coarse crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine Romaine lettuce, tomato, olives, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, and basil.
- Add dressing mixture to lettuce mixture. Toss gently to combine.
- For each serving, place 1 1/4 cups salad on a plate and sprinkle about 1 1/2 tablespoons cracker crumbs over top.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.