Green Bean Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
Green beans, walnuts, and goat cheese produce a delicate and wonderful salad.
Serves: Serves: 4 to 6.
- 2 pounds green beans, stems removed
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces and halves
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon
- Quickly blanch the green beans by throwing them in a pot of boiling water, counting to 30, then removing them to an ice bath. Drain well and dry.
- On a serving plate, layer the beans, walnuts, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Dress with good olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and a squeeze of the lemon.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright Â© 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.