Green Pasta Salad
Peas, zucchini, and baby corn will make this a new springtime favorite pasta dish in your home.
Serves: serves 4
- 2 very young, tender zucchini
- 4 green onions
- 8 oz (250 g) green fusilli or any other green pasta
- handful of snow peas
- 3-5 baby sweet corn ears
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of a large lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- oakleaf lettuce
- seasoning to taste
- Wash and grate the zucchini without peeling them.
- Wash and coarsely chop the green onions.
- Boil a saucepan of water and cook the pasta until it is al dente (just tender). Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice, the zucchini, chopped green onions, snow peas, and baby sweet corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss, turn into a dish lined with oakleaf lettuce leaves, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and serve at once.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!