Grilled Zucchini and Pepper Salad with Cilantro and Cumin
Use a grill pan if the weather isn't cooperating
Prep Time: 30M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 6 zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/2 in ( 6mm) slices
- olive oil for brushing
- 3 red or yellow bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- To make the dressing, zest 1 lemon and whisk this and the juice of both lemons, the cumin, honey, and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil then add the cilantro. Season.
- Oil the grate on an outdoor grill (or indoors, oil a grill pan). Lightly oil the zucchini. Grill the zucchini, turning once, about 3 minutes, or until seared with marks on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Grill the peppers, skin side down, until the skins are blackened and blistered, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into strips.
- Combine the zucchini, peppers, scallions, and tomatoes. Toss gently with the vinaigrette, and serve at room temperature.
- ridged grill pan
- Prepare ahead: The vinaigrette can be made 3 days ahead.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!