Hawaiian Fruit Salad
Here's a lively fruit salad as gorgeous as a Hawaiian sunset!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 cups (2 medium) sliced bananas
- 2 cups (two 16-ounce cans) pineapple chunks, packed in fruit juice, drained
- 1 cup (one 11-ounce can) mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
- 4 maraschino cherries, diced
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and maraschino cherries. Gently stir to combine.
- Evenly spoon mixture into 6 dessert dishes.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon coconut over top of each.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To prevent bananas from turning brown, mix with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.