Hawaiian Peanut-Carrot Salad
This colorful salad combines nuts, fruit, and carrots for a healthy treat.
Serves: Serves: 6 (3/4 cup)
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Peter Pan reduced-fat peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, raisins, and peanuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine undrained pineapple, mayonnaise, and peanut butter. Add pineapple mixture to carrot mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Gently stir again just before serving.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds. If you don't have the time (or the right appliance) to shred your own fresh carrots, don't skip this recipe-buy them already shredded and packaged in your grocer's veggie department! It may cost a little more, but your good health is worth it.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.