Heavenly Pistachio Fruit Salad
This colorful fruit salad is full of sweet surprises.
Serves: Serves: 6 (3/4 cup)
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) fruit cocktail, packed in fruit juice, drained, and 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, drained, and 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup Yoplait plain fat-free yogurt
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip Free
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, fruit cocktail and pineapple liquids, and water. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Blend in yogurt and Cool Whip Free. Gently stir in fruit cocktail, pineapple, and marshmallows.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.