Lemon Fruit Salad
Here's a pretty way to blend your kids' favorite fruits into one delectable salad.
Serves: Serves: 8 (2/3 cup)
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 3/4 cup Diet Mountain Dew
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Free
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) fruit cocktail, packed in fruit juice, drained
- 1 cup (one 11-ounce can) mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (1 medium) diced banana
- In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry gelatin, and dry milk powder.
- Add undrained pineapple and Diet Mountain Dew. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Blend in Cool Whip Free. Add fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, and banana. Mix gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Gently stir again just before serving.
- To prevent banana from turning brown, mix with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.