Lima Beans with Fresh Tomato and Lime
Lime gives this tomato and lima bean salad a refreshing bite.
Prep Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 ï¿½ 14oz (400g) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 small tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 limes, cut into segments and coarsely chopped (see Cook's Notes)
- generous drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, and lime in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Serve with crusty bread and a selection of sliced cooked meats.
- To segment a lime, slice off the top and bottom of the lime. Using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler, carefully slice around the entire lime to remove the skin and pith. Using a small serrated knife, slice away one segment at a time, leaving behind the thin membrane that separates them.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!