Lobster Salad with Watercress
A very special summer salad, ideal for outdoor dining
Prep Time: prep 20 mins
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 3 / 4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp chopped dill and/or chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 / 2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cooked lobster tails
- 1 large bunch of watercress, tough stalks removed
- 1 / 2 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- chervil, dill, or chives, to garnish
- To make the dressing, combine the egg, egg yolk, mustard, and lemon zest and juice in a food processor. Slowly add the oil. Add the dill and season. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate.
- Combine the red onion and vinegar in a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell, and chop it in large chunks.
- Divide the watercress among 4 plates, and add the fennel, onion, tomatoes, and lobster; drizzle with the dressing. Serve with more dressing served on the side.
- prep 20 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!