Make Ahead 'n' Marinate Garden Vegetable Salad
Your family will rave about this traditional garden salad, all dressed up with zucchini and cauliflower!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 cup nonfat Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces grape tomatoes (optional)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Nonfat cheddar cheese chunks or grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- Combine salad dressing, vinegar and honey in blender; blend until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cheese, if using, in large bowl and toss lightly.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. If desired, just before serving, add cheddar cheese chunks or sprinkle with nonfat Parmesan cheese.
- Honey contains pinocembrin, an antioxidant not found in any other product.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.