Middle Eastern Salad
This simple salad is made special by the addition of two uniquely Middle Eastern ingredients--pink pickled turnips and red sumac powder.
Prep Time: 5M
Serves: serves 4
Dairy, egg, gluten, & nut free
- 1 pink pickled turnip, drained and finely diced
- 1-1 1/2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced or 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- powdered sumac or paprika to garnish (optional)
- Mix the chopped vegetables together.
- Just before serving, dress with the oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with powdered sumac or paprika and serve.
- Serve with dips such as Red pepper dip or hummus and flatbreads as an appetizer, or as part of a main course with grilled lamb chops.
Excerpted from Allergy-Free Cookbook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!