Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Your kids may enjoy eating salad more if you make the dressing. This balsamic vinaigrette is terrific.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup nonfat chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine mixed greens and tomatoes in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender and process until blended.
- Pour into sealed jar and refrigerate several hours or up to 2 weeks.
- Serve over mixed greens.
- To keep baby greens fresher longer, sort, wash and dry them. Wrap in paper towels and place them in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.