Mom's Creamy Vegetable Slaw
Broccoli, red onion, and lemon juice make ordinary coleslaw extraordinary!
Serves: Serves: 8 (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sugar substitute to equal 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups purchased coleslaw mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar substitute, and black pepper.
- Stir in coleslaw mix, broccoli, and onion. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage and 1/2 cup shredded carrots may be used in place of purchased coleslaw mix.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.