Mushroom and Radicchio Salad
Tired of plain old green salads? Mix it up with healthy and flavorful radicchio with mushrooms for a perfect lunch or side salad.
Serves: serves 4
- 12 medium-sized wild mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head of radicchio, cleaned
- 4 tomatoes, sliced piece of Parmesan cheese, weighing approx. 4 oz (125 g)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the broiler.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and broil them for 1 minute or so on each side.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Transfer the broiled mushrooms to the frying pan, season with salt and pepper, add the garlic, and sauté quickly.
- Arrange the radicchio leaves and tomato slices on 4 plates.
- Add 3 grilled mushrooms to each plate.
- Divide the hot, garlicky olive oil between the plates and flake the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!