The homemade dressing on this salad is a cinch to make.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 cup (125g) frozen fava beans or baby lima beans
- 2 × 6oz (175g) cans tuna in olive oil, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 12 salt-packed anchovies, rinsed, or flat anchovies in oil, drained
- 1 head of crisp lettuce, such as romaine, leaves separated
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated or crushed through a press
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- First, make the dressing. Put all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar, season well with salt and pepper, cover with the lid, and shake to blend.
- Cover the beans with hot water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain
- Put the tuna and tomatoes in a bowl, and drizzle with half the dressing. Sprinkle in half of the fresh herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Toss together.
- Add the beans, olives, and anchovies, and mix gently.
- Line a bowl with the lettuce leaves, and arrange the tuna mixture on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and sprinkle with the remaining herbs. Top with the scallions and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!