Orange and Watercress Salad
Oranges and pumpkin seeds make this refreshing salad special.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 large bunch watercress
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 large ripe oranges
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Wash and dry the watercress thoroughly.
- Trim off the thicker pieces of stalk, and line a white china dish with the leaves.
- Make a dressing with the oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Scrub one of the oranges, grate the rind, and stir it into the dressing.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds lightly in a dry frying pan over moderate heat.
- Peel both oranges, remove most of the pith, separate into segments, and slice each segment in half.
- Add oranges the bowl and sprinkle with the parsley and pumpkin seeds.
- Add the dressing and toss just before serving.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!