Oriental Chicken Noodle Salad
Your family will love this flavorful and healthy chicken noodle salad.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper or to taste
- 6-ounce package frozen snow peas
- Cooked noodles
- 1/3 recipe roast chicken, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 8-ounce can sliced water chest-nuts, drained
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, and seasonings.
- Defrost the snow peas in the microwave.
- Add the peas and remaining ingredients to the dressing in the serving bowl and toss well to combine.
- You can also use bottled reduced-fat Oriental dressing instead of making your own.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.