Radish and Arugula Salad
This healthy salad is a beautiful mix of red and green veggies, making it perfect for the holidays or anytime.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 bunch fresh young radishes
- 2 small bulbs or 1 medium-sized bulb of fennel
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- ricotta or cottage cheese, for serving
- Clean the radishes and cut them lengthwise-including the tops if these are still fresh.
- Clean the fennel and slice it lengthwise into thin slices.
- Clean the arugula and separate it into smaller stems or leaves.
- Arrange the radish and fennel slices on a white dish, top with the arugula, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a serving of ricotta or cottage cheese, and you have the perfect light lunch.
- Arugula is found in every grocer in Italy all year round. Its peppery taste adds piquancy to salads or can be used as a foil for thin slices of prosciutto or rare roast beef.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!