Real Greek Salad
There's no lettuce or heavy dressing on this salad -- just fresh vegetables, creamy Feta, and briny Kalamata olives.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 2 large sweet green peppers, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large fresh, firm tomatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large or two small cucumbers, striped, sliced lengthwise, and pieces cut into 1⁄2 inch thickness
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, chopped into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 5 leaves of fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 3 TB. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TB. red wine vinegar
- 8 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Kalamata olives
- Salt and pepper
- Put peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and basil (if using) in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then with red wine vinegar, and toss to coat.
- Top with feta and Kalamata olives and serve, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.