Refreshing Fruit Salad
Large chunks of strawberries, thick slices of bananas, and bright green kiwi make this fruit salad refreshing.
Serves: 10 servings
- 2 cups sliced bananas (about 2 large)
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple (about 1/2 large)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 kiwis, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 block (8 ounces) nonfat or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place the cream cheese and honey in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until smooth. Beat in the orange juice, and stir in the poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Place the fruits in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- To assemble the salads, place 3/4 cup of fruit in each of 10 serving bowls, and top with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.