Croutons add flavor and crunch to this arugula salad.
Serves: 4 servings
- 6 cups arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup ready-made herb-flavored fat-free or low-fat croutons
- 1/2 cup bottled nonfat or reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups of arugula over the bottom of each of 4 salad plates. Top the arugula with 6 cherry tomato halves, 3 tablespoons of mozzarella, and 3 tablespoons of croutons.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each salad, and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.