Tahini, the Middle Eastern condiment, greatly enhances this sardine salad.
- 1 large can water-packed sardines
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Drain and mash the sardines well in a mixing bowl. Add the next four ingredients.
- In a 7-inch skillet, sauté the onions and pepper in oil until lightly browned.
- Add the sautéed mixture to the sardines while still hot. Mix well and add freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Chill and serve.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright © 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.