Suitable for lunch, a picnic, or a light supper in the back yard, this chilled salad is an ideal summer dish
Prep Time: 20M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 fresh hot red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 small scallops
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tail intact
- 14oz ( 400g) skinless salmon fillet, cut into strips
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook, turning once, for about 2 minutes, or until opaque. Transfer to a bowl. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook about 3 minutes, or they turn pink. Transfer to the bowl. Add the salmon and cook, turning gently to avoid breaking up the fish too much, about 3 minutes, or until opaque. Add to the bowl. Cool and refrigerate at least 1 hour, until chilled.
- Add half of the dressing to the seafood and toss gently. Spread the watercress and cucumber on a large serving platter and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Arrange the seafood on top and serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!