Shrimp and Pasta Salad
This creamy pasta salad enhances the flavor of shrimp with just a few kitchen basics.
Serves: 5 servings
- 10 ounces small seashell pasta (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) cooked shrimp or crab meat
- 3/4 cup chopped frozen (thawed) artichoke hearts, canned (drained) artichoke hearts, or frozen (thawed) green peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated nonfat or regular Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl. Add the seafood and vegetables, and toss to mix well.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture, and toss to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Toss in a little more mayonnaise just before serving if the salad seems too dry.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.