Shrimp, Grapefruit, and Avocado Salad
A tangy salad to satisfy seafood lovers, this is simple enough for a weekend brunch, but special enough to serve to dinner guests
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 3 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 30 large shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 2 large pink grapefruit, segmented
- 3 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks or slices
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 oz ( 175g) baby salad greens (mesclun)
- bunch of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 6 sprigs of mint leaves, stems discarded, leaves torn
- Make the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients together in a jar, and shake until blended.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels, and place in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp of the dressing and toss.
- Toss the grapefruit, radishes, avocados, scallions, greens, watercress, and mint leaves in a large bowl. Divide among 6 dinner plates. Arrange 5 shrimp on top of each, and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
- prep 15 mins
Lobster and Crab Salad: Substitute chunks of lobster or lump crab meat for the shrimp.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!