Smoked Chicken Salad with Papaya Fruit Salsa
Papaya fruit salsa lends a tropical twist to this chicken salad.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 firm but ripe papaya, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of sugar
- 1lb (450g) boneless smoked chicken, sliced
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- sea salt and ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mango or orange juice
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mango juice. Season well with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- To make the salsa: In a bowl, toss together the papaya, chile, lime juice, and sugar. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach and basil with the dressing, then divide among 4 individual plates and arrange the smoked chicken over the top. Spoon the salsa over the chicken, or serve on the side.
- If you cannot find a perfectly ripe papaya, then use a fresh mango instead.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!