Southwestern Vegetable Salad
This fresh and crunchy vegetable salad reflects a rainbow of colors and flavors.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) diced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup unpeeled and chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Sugar substitute to equal 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish sauce
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, peas, carrots, and green pepper. Stir in tomatoes, onion, and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, chili sauce, sugar substitute, and horseradish sauce.
- Add dressing mixture to vegetable mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.